[Gc-announce] GC version 6.3 available

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Jul 8 16:59:13 PDT 2004

I made GC version 6.3 available at the usual place:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gc_source/gc6.3.tar.gz

Changes since 6.2 are summarized in

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gc_source/recent_changes

This is mostly a bug fix release.  I did a reasonable amount of testing
recently, but your mileage may still vary.

I am also working on version 7.0alpha1, which will delete lots of old
cruft and is expected to be FAR LESS stable, especially on non-Linux
platforms.  It will involve changes to a significant fraction of source
lines (getting rid of K&R C support, mostly), and thus will cause some
hiccups with old patches and the like.

There may or may not be a bug fix 6.4 release, depending on how 6.3 holds up.

Hans