[Gc-announce] GC6.7

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Mar 3 13:04:49 PST 2006

I made gc6.7 available in the usual place:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gc_source/

This is a bug fix release, with some new platform-specific support that
seemed unlikely to break things.  It incorporates most of the patches
that were in my backlog, but not all of them.  I attempted to include at
least any serious bug fixes.  Other patches have probably not
necessarily been lost, and will hopefully still make it in the next
release.  (If you think I missed something that really should have been
in this release, it doesn't hurt to remind me.)

This does include a patch for the platform-independent problem with
interior pointer recognition which was discussed on the gc list earlier.
Thus if you rely on full interior pointer recognition, I would recommend
upgrading.

A more detailed change list is in the usual place:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gc_source/recent_changes

Hans