[Gc-announce] gc-7.2b

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu May 24 18:29:35 PDT 2012

I replaced the default gc version with gc-7.2b.  Note that due to our current version numbering scheme, this kind of minor fix is difficult to accommodate.  Thus only the file name and the version number in the README file were changed.  We expect to switch to a better version numbering scheme eventually.

This fixes a race in GC_malloc_uncollectable and friends.  If you don't use the GC to allocate uncollectable objects, or don't need thread support, the two versions should be equivalent.

Thanks to Jan Wielemaker for tracking down the bug, and to Ivan Maidanski for producing yet another tar file.

Hans