[Gc] Problems again with built libs ;-(

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm@hp.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:21:44 -0800

> Only one question, after all:
> The ar-library (libgc.a) does not link because of undefined
> symbols. Are there special build-instructions for building
> with statially linking?
Which symbols are still undefined?  You will probably need -lpthread for the thread-safe library.  Also remember that libgc.a should go after your source/object files on the command line, but before -lpthread and possibly -ldl.

> Hmm, tha Cpp-test still crashes with segfault at startup in
> the first iteration, dont know why ;-(
What does "g++ --version" say?  Do you have stack trace?  The C++ interface tends to generally have more portability problems, because compilers disagree on ::new replacement, etc.  But I'm surprised it doesn't work out-of-the-box in your environment.

Hans