[Gc] porting Hans Boehm GC to MacOSX

Fergus Henderson fjh@cs.mu.oz.au
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:32:13 +1100

On 09-Feb-2003, Renaud Blanch <renaud.blanch@laposte.net> wrote:
> Has someone already done that work ?
> If not, I'm interessed in doing it but I'm not familar with Darwin
> pthread internals so ... can someone interessed help me to contribute a
> patch to gc ?
> I need advice on
> - starting from FreeBSD code a good option ?
> - what is SIGRTMIN ?

The Boehm collector just needs a signal to use for its own purposes.
"SIGRTMIN" is just a random signal chosen in the hope that it won't
interfere with the application's use of signals.  If SIGRTMIN isn't
defined on MacOS X, just pick some other signal to use; preferably
the one that is least likely to be used by the application.