[Gc] porting Hans Boehm GC to MacOSX

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:20:17 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Boehm, Hans wrote:
> 2) Pthread support.

I've experimented with a simple patch to compile the threaded collector
for OSX using linux_threads.c.  Unfortunately it does not work.

Running gctest:

Immediately reclaimed 0 bytes in heap of size 65536 bytes
0 (atomic) + 0 (composite) collectable bytes in use
Finalize + initiate sweep took 0 + 0 msecs
Adding block map for size 6
About to start new thread from thread 0xA0000DEC
Started thread 0xBA430
sem_wait complete from thread 0xA0000DEC
About to start new thread from thread 0xA0000DEC
Started thread 0x0
sem_wait complete from thread 0xA0000DEC
Thread 2 creation failed 35
Test failed
Abort

pthread_create returns EAGAIN for some reason.  I don't know how to debug
this further.  If anyone wants to try it I can provide my incomplete port.

Jeff