[Gc] using threads that were not created by GC_pthread_create()

eric lindvall eric@5stops.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:53:28 -0700

I am looking to embed mono (as a module) in an application that makes use of
pthreads for which I do not have the source.

I've been told that if I use pthreads, I need to include gc.h to override
the standard pthread_create() which calls the boehm hooks that are needed
for the GC to work.

Unfortunatly, because I am only writing a module for this application, I
cannot override the applications pthread_create(). Is there a way that I
can call something thit will do all of the GC setup stuff on a thread that
is already created (GC_thread_setup() or something similar)?

e.