[Gc] Delayed collection of objects?

David Jones dej@inode.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:37:56 -0400

On June 24, 2003 01:31 pm, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> As it says in include/gc_backptr.h, you should call GC_gcollect()
> immediately before invoking GC_print_backtrace().  Otherwise the
> results are just going to indicate what was live at the last collection.

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous post: I am calling GC_gcollect() before
doing any of this.

(Technically, I am invoking a Tcl extension function that calls GC_gcollect(),
but said function does not allocate anything substantial either beforehand,
or afterwards, but before I examine the diagnostics.)