[Gc] Dynamic lib support for GC on MacOSX

Brian Alliet brian@brian-web.com
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:45:20 -0400

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 05:14  PM, Andrew Begel wrote:

> However, now I'm getting memory being freed before it's supposed to
> be. I have to track this down now (since it doesn't happen under
> Linux, nor under OSX with the gc turned off).

Be sure you are building with --enable-shared (should be on by default,
but just in case) and --enable-threads (very important if you are using
threads). Also, you MUST call GC_init() before you call any other gc
functions. (see doc/README.darwin) You don't need to do this on linux,
but you do on OS X. Just throwing it in main() should do the trick.

-Brian