[Gc] GC + dylibs on Darwin/OS X

Brian Alliet brian@brian-web.com
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 03:47:00 -0500

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 11:30  PM, Jesse Rosenstock wrote:

>> There still seem to be some problems with the threading code (from
>> Jesse Rosenstock's patch). It seems like it randomly hangs every once
>> and a while. To make things even more interesting, it makes gdb very
>> upset.
>
> Does this happen with gctest, or some other program?  How can I test
> it?

It happens with gctest. It seems more likely to happen when running
multiple copies in parallel. If I run "./gctest &" about 10 times one
or two almost always hang. In addition, less often, one will blow up
with a "Bus error". What kind of system are you running it on? I have a
dual g4, if its some strange locking problem it may not occur on a
single cpu system. I'll look into it some more this weekend.

-Brian