[Gc] Incremental collection/thread local free lists problem

Brian Alliet brian@brian-web.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 02:16:32 -0400

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 06:10  PM, Boehm, Hans wrote:

> 6.2alpha5.tar.gz is now in
> http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gc_source

Awesome! It looks like this fixed my problem. I've been running a few
copies of gctest in a loop for about 20 min now without a single crash.
I can't believe it was something as simple as the world not being
stopped. That should've been the first thing I checked. I still haven't
tried the darwin mprotect_vdb code with threads enabled (i'm just
testing with default_vdb now). I imagine there is still a bug or two in
that. Hopefully I'll be able to post a patch by the end of the week.

Thanks for getting 6.2alpha5 out so quick,

-Brian