[Gc] gcc_support.c

Lee Faris lfaris@cs.washington.edu
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 01:00:02 -0800

I am not able to use gcc_support.c as I get an undefined reference to
__default_new_handler.    I can not find any mention of
__default_new_handler anywhere else.  It sounds like something that would be
defined in the stdc++ library (but apparently is not).  Or am I suppose to
set this value to something myself?

I get this error on both gcc 2.96 on linux 2.4.9 and in VS.net 2003.  Also,
in VS.net I get an undefined reference to __new_handler as well.  And a
related question, is gcc_support.c ok to use with visual studio even though
it's called gcc_support.c?  I am assuming so since it implements the
weakpointer class.

Thank you for any help with this.

- Lee Faris