[Gc] Using C++ Standard Template Library with GC

teelf@nymph.kyndig.com teelf@nymph.kyndig.com
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 15:23:48 -0600 (CST)

I was also having problems with classes derived from gc being used in STL
containers.  I recompiled the collector with
-DREDIRECT_MALLOC=GC_malloc_uncollectable and it has been working on my
linux 2.4.9 system.

Is this another way of solving the STL problem? Or is there going to be
problems later on down the road when my application gets more thoroughly
tested?

Also, I think there is a small typo in the comments at the top of the page
in gc_alloc.h and new_gc_alloc.h.  It recommends using
GC_uncollectable_malloc which should be GC_malloc_uncollectable.