[Gc] GC works great, but keeps to itself...

Alec Orr Alec.Orr@wbemsolutions.com
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:08:50 -0500

Good afternoon,

We are using GC version 6.2 for LinuxThreads against a POSIX target.  I
haven't been able to fetch any logging messages from GC, threads
created, intialized, whether it's running, or when garbage collections
are taking place.  We can see the SIGPWR and SIGXCPU signals generated
in gdb.  I ran the configure with the following options (all on one line):

./configure
     --prefix=/var/tmp/gc62
     --exec-prefix=/var/tmp/gc62
     --enable-full--debug
     --enable-redirect-malloc
     --enable-gc-assertions
     --enable-static=no

In gdb we disable the signals GC uses:
signal SIGPWR nostop pass print
signal SIGXCPU nostop pass print

And we were hoping to see some statistics like the Java GC mechanism.

We have the GC_quiet = 0;  and have reset the GC warning handler to our
own function, which hasn't been called either (GC's seems to run without
a hitch that we can see, so this doesn't suprise me).  Anything I'm missing?

Thanks for your time...
Alec Orr
WBEM Solutions