[Gc] SIGPWR

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm@hp.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:58:35 -0700

You should ignore those, and tell your debugger to simply pass them through
and let the program handle them.

In its default configuration under Linux, with threads enabled, the collector
sends and catches those signals to stop and restart threads during a collection.

However, you are likely to have problems with the combination of redirect-malloc
and threads.  Dealing with that is on my list.  The problem is that with redirect-malloc
the collecting allocator tends to get invoked during startup of the pthreads system.
But it calls into pthreads for locks, etc.  If you can do the malloc redirection with
macros instead (so that the system startup code sees the system malloc), things would
be far easier.