[Gc] 6.3alpha2

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm@hp.com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 10:08:09 -0700

I made another alpha release available, since a reasonable number of
mostly platform-specific bug fixes had accumulated since 6.3alpha1.  The
most major of these was extensive surgery on the win32 threads support.
This relied in part on code contributed by Ben Hutchings.

(The original support, which relied on the collector residing in its own
dynamic library, worked correctly, I believe.  But several clients
were instead relying on intercepting thread creation.  And I don't believe that
ever worked reliably.  It should now.)

For details, please see http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc/gc_source/recent_changes .

A number of documentation files on the web site were also updated.

Hans