[Gc] Problem with Blacklist

Francois Bronsard fbronsard@bigfoot.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:01:11 -0500

Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem with the black list data structure within GC.  I've
allocated so far about 120Meg of data (_heapsize is roughly 120Meg), but now
as I'm trying to allocate another 75K, GC gets into a loop in which it
allocates itself more memory (about 8Meg), then as it tries to use it to
satisfy the allocation request, it checks if that memory is blacklisted and
decide that the whole new block is blacklisted, then it repeat the loop
until the complete virtual memory has been exhausted.  Then the program
stops with "no memory available".

I'm using GC version 6.2, running on a PC with Windows XP Pro, compiled with
Visual Studio C++ version 6.0 with 500+Meg of RAM.  I've set
GC_free_space_divisor is 3.

Any suggestion to either fix the problem or at least narrow it down to find
the source of the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Francois Bronsard