[Gc] [w3m-dev-en 00993] Re: Solaris 8 build of 0.4.2 (fwd)

Steven F. Killen skille1 at umbc.edu
Wed Apr 7 09:31:19 PDT 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Boehm, Hans wrote:

> The first thing to do is to verify that "./configure; make; make check"
> or "make test" in the gc directory works correctly.

OK, thanks.  make check reports "All 1 tests passed" on IRIX and Linux,
but hangs after

gmake  check-TESTS
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/var/tmp/build/gc/000/gc6.3alpha4

on the solaris version. On killing it with ^C, it issues:

GC Warning: Insufficient space for /proc read
/bin/ksh: 13746 Segmentation Fault(coredump)

Is there a compile option I need to be passing configure?  I ran with the
defaults so far.  It's got 512M of real memory, so I'm not sure that it
should be running out of space for a /proc read.

The environment vars I have set during the compile are:

CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -mv8"
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib"

Is there any other info that might help?

--
Steve Killen <skille1 at umbc.edu>