[Gc] [w3m-dev-en 00993] Re: Solaris 8 build of 0.4.2 (fwd)

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Wed Apr 7 12:00:19 PDT 2004

Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be reproducible on the one Solaris
machine I could find.  (It has the vendor compiler, not gcc.)

The "Insufficient space" warning is referring to a 4K buffer, which it
doubles everytime it generates the warning.  I tried changing the initial
buffer size to 2 bytes, and it seems to work as expected.

Is this building the single or multithreaded version?  (Is it passing
_DGC_SOLARIS_THREADS on the command line?)  If it's building the
multithreaded version, please try with --disable-threads.

I think we really need the stack trace at the segmentation fault.
It's possible the GC_LOOP_ON_ABORT environment variable might help
if there's otherwise a problem extracting that from the debugger.
(Wait until you're sure its looping in the SIGSEGV handler, the attach
a debugger.)