[Gc] [w3m-dev-en 00993] Re: Solaris 8 build of 0.4.2 (fwd)

Steven F. Killen skille1 at umbc.edu
Wed Apr 7 14:34:37 PDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Steven F. Killen wrote:

> > I think we really need the stack trace at the segmentation fault.
> > It's possible the GC_LOOP_ON_ABORT environment variable might help
> > if there's otherwise a problem extracting that from the debugger.
> > (Wait until you're sure its looping in the SIGSEGV handler, the attach
> > a debugger.)
>
> As a sanity check I pulled down the recent release alpha5 after I noticed
> it, and it seems to pass make check just fine.   I didn't see anything
> immediately related to my problem in the changelog, but if you still want
> a stack trace I'll see about that.  Go figure. :)

I should not have celebrated so quickly.  IRIX and Solaris pass make check
on alpha5, but now linux has issues:

gmake  check-TESTS
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/skille1/gc/000/gc6.3alpha5'
lt-gctest: relocation error: lt-gctest: undefined symbol:
GC_debug_header_size
FAIL: gctest

Could you give a quickie summary on how to do a stack trace?  I'm not too
familiar with it, but would like to help.

--
Steve Killen <skille1 at umbc.edu>