[Gc] gcc34 c++ support

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Fri Apr 23 11:46:56 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 13:46, Boehm, Hans wrote:
> Did you try gc_allocator.h instead of new_gc_alloc.h?

OK, having converted one of my smaller projects (and writing a few
wrapper classes; defining a std::map with a non-standard allocator using
the "standard" allocator style gets very very ugly very very quickly...)
it does compile and work.

There is a bits/allocator.h in libstdc++4, that may be usable instead of
bits/std_alloc.h.  It appears there is already some detection code in
new_gc_alloc.h for older compilers, perhaps it's possible to do so for
the newer one as well, for backwards compatibility with apps that don't
want to rewrite swaths of code that use the older allocator interface.