[Gc] GC_base returns non null for a freed pointer

Hans Boehm Hans.Boehm at hp.com
Mon Aug 16 09:21:42 PDT 2004

This is normal.  It would be relatively expensive to do something
different without having GC_free store a magic number in free objects,
or the like.  GC_free puts the object on a free list, but doesn't
otherwise label it.

Is this a problem?  The current semantics have generally been OK for what
I've needed.

Hans