[Gc] Re: gcc 3.4 gc-test program boehm-gc/tests/test.c fails on linux 2.6.7

John Lumby johnlumby at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 11:54:28 PDT 2004

Thank-you Hans.    I made that change and also made the following two
changes to the compiler itself to be consistent:
. in gcc-3.4.1/boehm-gc/misc.c
       ifdef-out entire function GC_enable_incremental
. in gcc-3.4.1/boehm-gc/pcr_interface.c
      change call to GC_enable_incremental() into an ABORT
This is on the assumption that the gcc never uses this function as you
indicated.

With those changes, build ok and make check ok.

Perhaps you could kindly confirm that these changes are ok for gcc and I can
then install it.

By the way, just for interest I tried building and make check'ing the gcc
tree from cvs and it also fails in the boehm-gc test, so the changes you
mentioned that you recently made
(pthread_stop_world.c)  are apparently not enough.  I also see gcc-Bugzilla
Bug 15812 open.  (I personally am not intending to instal gcc 3.5 until it
becomes stable release)

John