[Gc] GC_malloc bug?

MenTaLguY mental at rydia.net
Mon Dec 6 09:42:58 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 14:40, Boehm, Hans wrote:
> It would be interesting to know whether you are trying to allocate
> a particularly large object at the time.  GC_PRINT_STATS output
> while it's in this loop might also be enlightening.

(oog, I feel dumb now; I was thinking GC_PRINT_STATS was a function or
something)

Anyway, from Kees' output:

Initiating full world-stop collection 1379 after 0 allocd bytes
--> Marking for collection 1379 after 0 allocd bytes + 2244608 wasted bytes
Collection 1378 finished ---> heapsize = 15069184 bytes

What does the wasted bytes figure refer to?  It looks sort of periodic.

-mental