[Gc] GC_malloc bug?

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Dec 7 13:06:06 PST 2004

If you mail it to me, I'll summarize my conclusions.  It might be
best to just send the last MB or so.

The larger GC_free_space_divisor explains why it would collect
repeatedly given the large GC_words_wasted values.  But I still don't
understand where those are coming from.  There may be a long-standing
bug/misfeature here that didn't show up because few people adjust
GC_free_space_divisor.

Thanks.