[Gc] compile issues

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm at hp.com
Tue Feb 3 10:23:17 PST 2004

I just tried a similar build under RedHat 9 with my current tree, and it seems to work
fine.  Nothing in this area changed since 6.3alpha4 (or probably for a while before that).

Based on your log, this seems to be a libtool problem.  The generated link line
effectively ends with

-rpath -soname libgc.so.1

The linker is being told to search for libraries in the directory "-soname" and to link
in the library libgc.so.1 .  In a correct build the -rpath isn't there.

Are you sure you're getting the correct libtool?