[Gc] A sample synchronizing external foreign threads - LINUX/PTHREAD

Alec Orr Alec.Orr at wbemsolutions.com
Tue Jan 20 14:20:35 PST 2004

Folks:

Thought I posted this before Christmas, I see now I didn't (doh!).
Attached is a small sample that demonstrates how to synchronize GC
halt-go signals with external threads (linux/pthread library).

There are some things missing however:
1.  I haven't found a way to cleanly intercept pthread_detach() in a
foreign module (meaning an .so, you did not build).

2.  I didn't place a GC_init() call anywhere in the sample since it (as
I understand it) that's only required for threads which perform Thread
local allocations.

If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to reply, and I try to
incorporate them.

Hope this helps,
Alec Orr
WBEM Solutions