[Gc] Solaris problem

Simon Johansson simon.johansson at ladok.umu.se
Wed Jul 7 05:42:09 PDT 2004

Hi.

I have two problems. Hopefully someone can help me with this.

The first problem is this warning I get when running the program.

GC Warning: Insufficient space for /proc read

What is this? Can I change something to get this to work as it should?

The next problem is a bit more complicated I think.

I get this error after running the program for a while. The program is a
POSIX C program running on UNIX and Windows and it is multithreaded and
using GC6.2.

If I use GC_MALLOC_ATTOMIC I get this error:

#0  GC_malloc_atomic (lb=1656) at malloc.c:263

263             *opp = obj_link(op);

(gdb) where

#0  GC_malloc_atomic (lb=1656) at malloc.c:263

#1  0xa24ec in enqueue ()

#2  0xa293c in AddToUnifaceQueue ()

#3  0x7af54 in GetData ()

#4  0x7dd78 in Main_CT_Thread ()

(gdb)

If I use GC_MALLOC I get this almost the same error:

#0  GC_malloc (lb=1656) at malloc.c:303

303             *opp = obj_link(op);

(gdb) where

#0  GC_malloc (lb=1656) at malloc.c:303

#1  0xa24fc in enqueue ()

#2  0xa294c in AddToUnifaceQueue ()

#3  0x7af64 in GetData ()

#4  0x7dd88 in Main_CT_Thread ()

(gdb)

The code there I use malloc look like this.

           if ((p = (elem *)GC_MALLOC_ATOMIC(sizeof(elem))) == NULL)

           {

                      My_Exit (-1, -1, "enqueue" , "Malloc misslyckades.");

           }

Where elem is a struct like this.

struct elem{

           boolean ReturnData;

           HANDLE     UnifaceMutex;

           char *UserName;

           char *Pinghsk;

           DataStructType        d;

           struct elem *next;

};

typedef struct elem elem;

With a bit of luck someone knows what I shall do.

/Simon