[Gc] GoAhead WEBs server and GC

Jim Marshall jim.marshall at wbemsolutions.com
Wed Jul 7 13:53:21 PDT 2004

Hi,
 We've been trying to track down some issues with a third party program
for about a month now, and have come up empty. I am hoping that someone
on the alias may have some experience with this.

Our program is incorporating the GoAhead WEBs server
(http://webserver.goahead.com/webserver/webserver.htm). If you would
like to look at the WEBs code you can get it here
http://www.iconnextion.com/~jm109344/webs218.tar.gz

Basically, if we enable the http keep alive (uncomment line 28 in
wsIntrn.h), and we make multiple requests with the same client we start
getting smashed objects. This seems to occur in code which allocates
memory but doesn't return the base of the allocation, but instead
returns an offset into that allocated buffer.

This works (or appears to) with regular malloc and dmalloc reports no
errors.

Has anyone had any experience with WEBs and using the GC with it?

desperately
-Jim