[Gc] Regarding thread context.

vasantha selvi vasanthp_2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 05:54:40 PST 2004

Hi Hans,
        Once I went through the win32_threads.c, in that
GC_push_all_stacks() for ppc port I saw that registers which are reserved
for kernel and global pointers are pushed into the mark stack.
Don't really get the reason for that. Any way pointer analysis going to find
whether it is valid pointer or not, then why it is avoid pushing into the
stack. Is there any specific reason for not pushing those registers into the
mark stack.

With great interest waiting for the response,
With Regards,
VS