[Gc] GC_gcj_malloc does not invoke finalizers

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Mar 18 14:52:11 PST 2004

Thanks.

I hadn't seen this with gcj, since gcj tends to invoke other allocators now and then as
well.  But there's no convincing argument that should always be true.

Could you try the attached patch (unfortunately extracted from a larger one)?
I'm still testing it.

This is slightly subtle, since GC_INVOKE_FINALIZERS should be called without
the lock, but on an infrequently executed path.  I think the attached patch does
the right thing, but I wish it were smaller.