[Gc] gc7 and 64-bit platforms

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Nov 16 11:22:09 PST 2004

It seems to me that the ABI documentation for the platform should
really specify were function arguments are stored.  If those locations
are not easily readable, I think you're stuck.  But that would be rather
strange, especially since a debugger can presumably get to them.

Another alternative is to use a debugger to step to the GC_malloc call
that ends up reallocating an in-use object, and look around and see where
the original pointer to that object is stored.