[Gc] Re: libgc without recompiling

Joe Buehler jbuehler at spirentcom.com
Mon Feb 28 08:48:35 PST 2005

With some further debugger work, I have found out that
my immediate problem appears to be that AIX's pthread_create()
routine allocates memory using malloc() and then uses mprotect()
on part of the memory, making it unreadable.  The garbage collector
is getting the SIGSEGV when it tries to read the mprotected page.
The runtime calls to malloc before main seem to be operating
properly and are not the cause of the problem.

I will have to come up with a workaround.  It appears that
there is already a workaround for a similar problem under
WIN32.
--
Joe Buehler