[Gc] Patch for __libc_stack_end

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Mon Jan 24 12:47:34 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 12:21 -0800, Boehm, Hans wrote:
> Thanks for pursuing this.
>
> Does this approach work in a completely statically-linked
> executable?

Yep. I'm shipping Inkscape (inkscape.org) nightly autopackages
(autopackage.org) which statically link libgc and the C++ support code.
It seems to work OK there (or no problem reports yet).

I don't really know if it's using __libc_stack_end or just falling back
though: while the code looks correct to my eye I haven't tested it
extensively.

> Version 6.4 of the collector no longer checks __libc_stack_end by default.
> That unfortunately means it relies on /proc, which isn't perfect
> either.

How is /proc not good? I guess while it's more code and less clean, if
it works everywhere but this does not the __libc_stack_end code has no
reason to exist anymore ...

thanks -mike