[Gc] Problem compiling on Sparc Solaris10

Chris Ross cross at distal.com
Tue Jul 12 20:05:05 PDT 2005

On Jul 12, 2005, at 20:59, Boehm, Hans wrote:

> If you Google for the error message (minus the address), you get
> messages about an old tool chain bug.
>
> It might be fixable with newer GNU tools.  Otherwise we would need
> to understand what exactly goes wrong here.
>
> I do occasionally test on SPARC/Solaris, though not with GNU tools.

   If this were the "old" solaris way, where gcc was added, then I'd
consider
that completely reasonable and I'd look for new tools.  But, since the
gcc that I'm using is finally shipping with the base OS (as of Solaris
10),
I would like to argue that it should be made to work "out of the box".

   If there's anything I can do to help you test it, please let me know.
I'm happy to help.

                             - Chris