[Gc] Problem compiling on Sparc Solaris10

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Wed Jul 13 13:42:45 PDT 2005

I agree it should work out of the box.

But unless the assembler/compiler are somehow invoked incorrectly
(you could post the line used to build sparc_mach_dep.lo to verify
that),
this doesn't look like it's under our control.  (I would argue that
even if the assembler were invoked incorrectly, the error message
is meaningless enough that this qualifies as a tool chain bug.)

Sparc_mach_dep.S looks like very plain assembly code to me.  Nothing
dubious.

The assembler is somehow generating bogus relocations.  If Sun views
itself
as responsible for this tool chain, I would try filing a bug report with
them.
If not, it seems to me you're in the same boat as with the "old" way.