[Gc] RAM enough but out of virtual memory?

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Mon Jul 18 12:13:49 PDT 2005

What's your platform?

Can you run the program with the GC_PRINT_STATS and
GC_DUMP_REGULARLY environment variables set, and capture the
resulting log?

That would tell us a lot more ...

It's possible that this can happen if the GC is scanning a
lot of essentially random bits (e.g. compressed data).  But
there's really too little information to go on, so far.