[Gc] Difference between version 6.1 and latest which is 6.4

Emmanuel Stapf [ES] manus at eiffel.com
Fri Jun 17 19:05:49 PDT 2005

I'm upgrading my application so that it uses the more recent version 6.4 but when
I use it, I'm getting very strange memory corruption. Any help for debugging is
appreciated.

Here are some info about my configuration of the GC:
- The platform is Windows XP Pro.
- ALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS is not defined (I'm simply hand editing NT_MAKEFILE to get
rid of its definition)
- I'm calling GC_register_displacement (8)
- I'm simply calling GC_malloc, GC_malloc_atomic, GC_realloc and
GC_register_finalizer

I've enabled the assertions to see if I was getting something before the actual
crash, but nothing.

To summarize, with 6.1 it works great, with 6.4 it does not.

Thanks,
Manu

Eiffel Software
805-685-1006