[Gc] Difference between version 6.3 and latest which is 6.4

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Jun 21 12:06:11 PDT 2005

The collector generally has trouble finding thread-specific data.

Does Windows have a way to enumerate it?  In general it seems to
be very hard to find it, since it's very dependent on the specific
threads implementation.  (I wouldn't be opposed to platform-specific
patches to trace from thread-specific data, provided they do no
harm if you are running the "wrong" version of the threads
package, etc.)

The standard work-around is to also store a copy of the pointer in
some static data structure, or to allocate it with
GC_malloc_uncollectable.