[Gc] Difference between version 6.3 and latest which is 6.4

Emmanuel Stapf [ES] manus at eiffel.com
Tue Jun 21 14:23:38 PDT 2005

> Does Windows have a way to enumerate it?  In general it seems

I don't think so, but I'm not an expert here.

> The standard work-around is to also store a copy of the
> pointer in some static data structure, or to allocate it with
> GC_malloc_uncollectable.

I've done that and it now seems to work fine. I have a question. In my code I use
my own wrapper of `malloc', `realloc', `calloc' and `free' for the memory
management of data which does not contain references to other allocated memory
areas. Would it be better to wrap my `malloc' using `GC_malloc_uncollectable'
rather than `GC_malloc' so that it behaves the same as the normal `malloc'. That
is to say, I do not want the GC to collect it, because it would be an error in the
way my program is written. Is this more expensive than `GC_malloc', in other words
would it make the gc slower by having too many roots to scan?

Regards,
Manu