[Gc] Windows crash

Julian Hall jules at acris.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 12:46:48 PDT 2005

I'm using GC 6.5, compiled to a windows DLL using cygwin gcc with the
-mno-cygwin flag.

I have a relatively simple program that uses GC to allocate a few
objects and strings while responding to GUI events, and which calls
GC_collect_a_little after processing each event until either PeekMessage
returns true, or GC_collect_a_little returns false.

If I enable incremental collection, I occasionally get an exception
C0000096 (Illegal Instruction in non-priveleged mode) while executing
code inside NTDLL.DLL.