[Gc] Another crash (I don't think this one's my fault!)

Julian Hall jules at acris.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 11:18:39 PDT 2005

I don't see what I've done wrong that's causing this one, but I also
can't say I entirely understand what GC's doing at the point it crashes
either.

I'm getting an access violation inside GC_clear_fl_marks, on line 624 of
alloc.c:

    clear_mark_bit_from_hdr(hhdr, word_no);

Examining the state of my registers (I have no useful debug info because
the code was compiled with MSVC++ and the only debugger I have is GDB)
suggests that 'hhdr' is NULL at this point. Any idea what's going on?

I've compiled with the defaults in gc.mak, except that I have /D GC_DLL
and /MT rather than /MD.