[Gc] Problem with libgc under Solaris 10 x86 (fwd)

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu Mar 10 15:15:43 PST 2005

Repeating an earlier, privately mailed answer for the benefit of anyone
else who might be interested.  Hopefully someone else has more
experience ...

I'm not sure the x86/Solaris port has been tried in a long time.

I assume this is a 32-bit executable?  If so, you might try defining
USE_GENERIC_PUSH_REGS in the X86/SUNOS5 section of gcconfig.h. The X86
architecture grew a lot of registers since this code was written.  The
Sun compiler might use them.  I don't think the collector code knows how
to find them on that platform. If that works, please let me know, and
I'll fix my source.

For 64-bit code, more work is involved.