[Gc] Re: Problem with libgc under Solaris 10 x86 (fwd)

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri Mar 11 10:04:52 PST 2005

That SIGSEGV is expected, and should be caught.  Tell your
debugger to continue past the SIGSEGV.

I would run without a debugger first.  If that dies with a SIGSEGV,
you should be able to get a stack trace from the core file.  At that
point, you know what you're looking for with the debugger.

Initial debugging also tends to be easier if you comment out the
GC_enable_incremental() call in the test.  Under Solaris, that
might not make a huge difference, though.