[Gc] gctest fail when compile GC with thread options on HP/UX

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue Mar 15 10:53:06 PST 2005

Gc6.4 probably needs the attached patch to work correctly with
threads and gcc on HP/UX.
(I had to apply it with patch -F3 for reasons I don't understand.
The patch is probably needed on HP/UX, no matter what the compiler.  But
the problem happened not to show up with the HP compiler.)

If that doesn't solve the problem, try building with the old
procedure:

cp Makefile.direct Makefile
edit Makefile as suggested by comments near the top
make test
use gc.a