[Gc] GC updates for 64-bit Darwin 8/OSX 10.4

Andrew Begel abegel at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu May 5 17:52:01 PDT 2005

On May 4, 2005, at 5:28 PM, Boehm, Hans wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I added this to my source trees.  It presumably also needs gcconfig.h
> patches to work.  At least ALIGNMENT would need to be 8 and CPP_WORDSZ
> 64?

Looks like there's quite a bit more work to do. Here's another diff
to handle more things. I think powerpc_darwin_mach_dep.s needs to be
customized to work in a 64-bit environment too, but I haven't done that.

I've updated the POWERPC machine type to be more discriminatory:
POWERPC and POWERPC_64. This is better than my previous usage of
__ppc__ and __ppc64__ which are gcc-specific.

All these changes are untested, unfortunately. :) I've got access to
a G5 but not one running MacOSX 10.4.

Andy