[Gc] Using the Boehm-Demers-Weiser GC with a new threading library

Stephane Epardaud Stephane.Epardaud at sophia.inria.fr
Tue May 10 06:24:17 PDT 2005

Hello,

Thank you all for the valuable feedback, I now have a pretty good idea how to
scan the roots for my threads.
I have another question regarding how to extend the GC to support my threading
library. The idea behing the POSIX support is to not modify the POSIX lib and
manage a way to get the needed info about the threads by wrapping some POSIX
threading calls.
If I'm to add support to my threading library, should I follow this approach, or
add an API in my lib for the GC to query the list of threads, roots, etc... ?
Seems to be it would be easier to add the appropriate API in my lib, and use
that in the support in the GC, but I'm not too sure about exposing GC calls in a
thread library...