[Gc] Using the Boehm-Demers-Weiser GC with a new threading library

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Tue May 10 15:25:42 PDT 2005

Both approaches are clearly possible.  If you have control over the
thread library, I agree that it would be easier to put the hooks in
there.
And you avoid having two sets of thread data structures around.

The collector more or less supports the Xerox Portable Common Runtime
(PCR), which is handled in this way.  (I haven't personally tested this
code
in ages, but I have been assured that it was still in use a year or two
ago.)