[Gc] GC updates for 64-bit Darwin 8/OSX 10.4

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Thu May 12 17:26:09 PDT 2005

Thanks.

I think I would prefer to only use POWERPC as the macro identifying
the architecture, and then to split that were necessary on
CPP_WORDSZ.  That's generally the approach that I've tried to
follow on other architectures with a similar ABI distinction
(e.g. SPARC and IA64).  It avoids conditionals in places where
it actually doesn't matter.  (I'm surprised about the
distinction between ppc_thread_state_t and ppc_thread_state64_t.
Why isn't ppc_thread_state_t just defined differently for the
64-bit ABI?)

(X86_64 is handled differently, both because I386 seemed
inappropriate, and because the ABIs differ a lot,
beyond just 64-bit vs. 32-bit issues.)

If you want, I can try to make this transformation, since it
seems rather mechanical, or you can send me another patch.