[Gc] GC updates for 64-bit Darwin 8/OSX 10.4

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm at hp.com
Fri May 13 16:35:03 PDT 2005

> From: Andrew Begel [mailto:abegel at cs.berkeley.edu]
>
> Ok, feel free to change it back to POWERPC. I heard that the
> assembly
> code in powerpc_mach_dep.s is going away in gc 7.0 anyway?

AIX shouldn't be using it in either 6.5 or 7.0.  We should
probably do the same for Darwin.

I applied slight variants of the attached patch to my 6.5 and
7.0 trees.  This may not apply quite cleanly to 6.4 due to
the getcontext() changes in mach_dep.c.  So far, I tested only
on X86, but I think I should be able to test on a 32-bit Darwin
machine.

(Actually, I just noticed the now useless POWERPC_64 checks
in test.c.  I'll get rid of those, but they should be benign.)